Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Cricut Craft Room Design Team - My First Project!!

I am so excited, this my first post for the Design Team for Erica's at My Cricut Craft Room!!  This is my very first full time design team.  This is going to be a picture heavy and long post!!

For today's project, we had the option to make a Baby Boy themed project or to use the Flower Shoppe Cartridge.  I chose to use Flower Shoppe.  Here is my card.  Believe me, this card is so much prettier in person.


 So here is how I made these beautiful flowers.    I cut 2 different flowers.  I have to apologize, I use my gypsy for everything so I do not have the page numbers in the book, but on the keypad I used the flowers on the top row, from left to right #6 & #8.  I cut each flower 3 times, at 4", 3.5" & 3".  Here is what they looked like to begin with.  I cut them from plain ivory cardstock.
I then used my Imaginisce Petal Roller to roll the flowers
 The last step was to use a hot glue gun to put a dollop of glue at the bottom.
 This is what the flower looks like all rolled up and glued.
 Now, to add color to the flowers, I used 3 different methods.  First I inked just the tips of the flower with a dark purple ink.
 This 2nd flower, I dabbed a lavender stamp pad all over the flower.
For the 3rd flower, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist.  I also sprayed all flowers with Glimmer Mist in Pearl to give them some sparkle.  Here is all 6 flowers, rolled, inked, and sprayed
So here is a picture of the finished card again.


The leaves were also cut from Flower Shoppe, I added the veins with my embossing stylus.  I finished it off with some crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot in Deep Purple.  The Sentiment is from Close to My Heart "Happy Birthday" set.  I went over the stamping with my Sakura Gelly Roll Metallic Pen to give it some sparkle.  The Paper is also from Close to My Heart "Paper Garden" paper pack.  I also punched the ivory paper with a Martha Stewart border punch. 

Here are some close ups of the beautiful flowers.  I decided to used these Chrysanthemum type flowers becasue they matched the paper perfectly!!  I will save the other flowers for another project!!



Please make sure you check out Erica's blog to see more projects at  
http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/

Make sure you check back this weekend for the 100 Cartridge Blog Hop!!

Happy Crafting!!

 

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Amazing card. I love all of the details. Thank you for the step by step photos! This cartridge is on my wish list!

I'm a new follower!

hattieshaven.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Absolutly beautiful flowers!!!! Got to get that cartridge... Do the flowers stick up very high on the card? Have a wonderful day.

Doris P. said...

from a newbie to a newbie - welcome!! love your card!! i want this cartridge!! - fellow DT friend :)

Sherrie K. said...

Kathy, your card is beautiful!! I just love the flowers and what a great tutorial!! Congrats on your DT spot. You did them proud with your 1st project!! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

RockinRenee said...

Great variety in your flower making. I need to play with the flowers more!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the DT spot! They are lucky to have you.
This is a beautiful card. I might have to get this cart:)

Hugs, Pam
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Suzys Crafts said...

This card is beautiful. I have the Flower Shoppe cart and struggle with it. But I am going to try it again after seeing your beautiful project!