Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day Frame

Hello and Happy Saturday!
I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of
their weekend.  I have a fun project to share with you today.
A friend at worked asked if I could make her a frame
for her boys to give their father for Father's Day.
He is a police officer and this is what I came up with.
I have to apoligize for the photo quality.
I finished this late at night and had to take
these pictures at my desk at work!!
Warning, this is picutre heavy!!
I started with a plain 8x10 frame I bought at Michael's.
I painted it with some white arcylic paint.
Next I covered with with some great police themed
paper that I found at Scrapbook.com.
I Mod Podged the paper onto the frame.

I added this adorable little policeman from the
Police Kids file from Too Cute By Jessica

I tried my best to replicate his badge.
from the Silhouette Store to create the badge.
I used my Silhouette Pens to add the writing. 
I used the Pens again to write out these banners.
 
I used the Cooper Block Font for my title.
I put a final coat of Mod Podge to finish my frame.
 
My friend loved it and I hope her hubby does as well!!


6 comments:

Georgiana said...

This will be a great Father's Day gift! Nice job showing a police officer's life.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Kathy, this is amazing!! What a perfect gift for a police officer!! I love the little cop and the handcuffs!! The badge is awesome!! You did such a fabulous job with this!! He will love it!! Have a great weekend my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

AWESOME! You did a great job of putting together all these fabulous details. What a great gift for a special daddy!

Rosie said...

Wow love it

Migdalia said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! Super cute too!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Sherrie K. said...

Amazing project Kathy! You did a fabulous job on the adorable police officer! I love the cute face! The details are all so fun and what a great gift this makes! I am SURE he will love it!
Have a great day my friend!
Sherrie K