Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Drive In Car

Hello Friends,

I just had to share a quick post with you.  The other night my grandson Tristan called and asked if I could make him some stickers for his "car".

Every year at is church, the Awana's have a "Drive In" night for the kids.  They make play cars that they sit in while a watching movie!!  What a fun and adorable event!!  They look forward to this all year.

So Tristan loves the movie CARS, so he wanted a Lightning McQueen Car.  They did a great job making the car, but they needed the numbers and lightning bolt for the sides.
In steps Grandma and her crafting supplies!!! 





I cannot remember what cart I got the lightning bolt from, but I cut it the largest I could on a 12 x 12 mat, I beleive around 11".  The numbers for 95 were from the Cricut Classic Font Cartridge.  I welded them together with my gypsy. I added glitter to the lightning bolts.  I cut two of each.

Here is the finished product.  I think they did a great job!! 
They hand cut the eyes and mouth!!


I know Tristan is going to have a great time at the drive in tomorrow!!

1 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness, Kathy, this is adorable! I bet Tristan was the envy of every child at the "drive-in"! Don't you love being the grandmother with the crafting tools....lol! It's one of my greatest pleasures in life...so much fun! This is just wonderful!