Saturday, April 13, 2013

Make Lemonade

 
Hello, I have a quick post to share with you today.
I made a card for the
 
Here is the photo inspiration:
 
 
I took my inspiration from the colors,
the fruit and the drink.
Here is my card:
 
The mason jar stamp from the Peachy Keen
April SOTM reminded me of Lucille's Smokehouse.
They serve all their drinks in mason jars.
Their lemonade is especially yummy.
I stamped the jar using Brilliance Starlite Silver ink
I then colored in the lemonade using
my Stampin Up markers in Yoyo Yellow.
I then coved the entie jar with Glossy Accents.
(as you can see, the color ran a little...oopps!!)
The sentiment came from Just Becasue Cards
Cricut Cartridge cut at 2.5".
 
My cute little lemons were cut from Simply Charmed
at 1.75" and the lemon slices were cut
from Savory at 2.6".  The cute faces
on my lemons are from the
"Erkle and Merkle" Assortment.
 
The papers are from My Mind's Eye
6x6 Happy Day paper pad.
The ribon is from Michaels.
I also added some distress ink.
 
I will also entering this card in the following challenges:
DL Art~ Linky Party
 
Also, I am  very excited to say that my husband told me
last night to go ahead and order my Silouette Cameo!!
It was the one and only thing I want for my birthday this month
and now it is ordered and I hope to be playing with it soon!!
I have asked my son for a gift card from either the
Silouette Store, Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons
or Miss Kate Cuttables!!
(or all three..he, he, he)
 
 
 


13 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! The mason jar stamp looks amazing!! I love the sweet faces on the lemons!! The colors are fabulous!! What an awesome card!! Happy Saturday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nana said...

WOW Kathy, this card is FAB!!! Love the mason jar the lemonade looks real. The faces are just to funny.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness - how fun is this card? Love the lemonade in the mason jar, that is a classic for sure! Love the cute faces on your lemons. This is just a darling card!

Georgiana said...

Love that mason jar stamp! Lemonade sounds yummy.

TeresaK said...

WOO HOO! I am so excited that you are getting a Cameo! I am still learning new things, but I know you will LOVE it!
Your card is adorable! I love the Peachy Keen faces! I also think using the glossy accents just added so much to this card!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Janice W. said...

This is such a fun card and oh so cute! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen challenge!

GiGi said...

This is AWESOME Kathy! I love what you did with the mason jar and all the glittery accents! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

Sherrie K. said...

Kathy, your card turned out so awesome! I love the jar and the cute little lemons...the faces are adorable! GREAT job using the PK stamps!
Sherrie K

Jayne said...

Fab card Kathy. Love the mason jar and sweet faces.
Jayne x

Cindy Beland said...

Oh WOW your card is soooo SUPER CUTE!!!AWESOME job with the Challenge,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

Cassandra said...

This is so cute Kathy!!! I just love those little Peachy faces!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

Glora said...

Aw, this turned out SO cute. Those faces are ADORABLE on the lemons. You did an awesome job on this! Thanks for joining the PKS Color Challenge this week! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

This is so bright and fun, Kathy! Those faces are fabulous!