Tuesday, December 13, 2011

25 Days of December - Day 13 PENGUINS

Erica's Design Team
Welcome to Erica's Craft Room 25 Days of Christmas,
with 25 Cricut projects  day.  Don't forget to stop by
Erica's blog to see 24 more projects today....
and every day in December.

Today's theme was to use a PENGUIN!!
Here is my project....

My project was to use embossing powders:

I just love this cutie patootie Penguin!!  Once again, I used Art Philosopy for the card base cut at 7" h x 8.77"w.  The matching frame was cut at 6.6" w x 4.3"h.  The purple cardstock is Coordinations Gemstones.  I dry embossed with my Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and then wet embossed using an embossing pen with clear glitter embossing powder from A La Mode.  It is really hard to see in this picture.  The printed paper is from The Paper Company, it is called Snowflake Medley.

Next, I stamped, colored and die cute the Penguin using Peachy Keens Winter Character with Stocking Hat Kut Outs and the matching Penguin Girl stamp.  This is the first time that I have ever stamped and colored in an image.  I used my stampin up markers for the coloring.  I added stickles and glossy accents.

To finish off the card, I added some purple and white tinsel string from Praire Bird Boutique and a Martha Steewart tag that I sprayed with glimmer mist.  Once again, I used the Crafty Sprouts "Have a Cool Yule" stamp set.

I am entering this in the following challenge: My Craft Spot - Christmas Shaped Card

Come back tomorrow for another fun project!!

Happy Crafting,

6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Kathy another wonderful Christmas card love the shape of it and the glitter on the penguin is perfect. Karen
www.littlescrapppieces.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

This is sooo cute! I love that penguin!

Jamie
http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

cema1cema said...

Soo cute!! Christina http://cema1cema.blogspot.com

Trina said...

Very cute. Adore all the glitter.

Doris P. said...

LOVE your embossing powder card!! so very pretty!! parkernana5@cox.net

Bamabel said...

How adorable! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!

Aymee