Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Christmas Countdown - 3D Object

Today is April 25th, and that means
Christmas Countdown

This month we were challenged
with making a 3D object.

I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 to
make 2 little treat boxes today.

Here is a sneak peek:



This first box was made with the
Cone Box on page 63.
This was cut at 9", I used the
scoring tool to score the lines
before cutting.
I used Coordinations Glittter cardstock.


This was a fairly easy project.
I think I got it done in about an hour.
I embossed the tree with the
Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.
I added different colored
gems for the decorations
on my Christmas Tree.
I added a topper made with ribbon.
The tag and sentiment
are from My Creative Time
Teeny Tag Greetings.
This box has a little loop at the top
so it would be great to fill with candy
an hang on your own tree!!


Although I am not happy with the way this
project came out, I am still
going to show it to you!!

This box was cut at 5.5" from page 47.
The paper is DCWV.

The phrase was cut at 1"

I could not get the extra snowflake piece
to line up properly!!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by today.
Please be sure to check out the rest of the
DT projects over at

Also, make sure you check out the sale
Erica has going on over
Use the code 33 for 33% off your order
(except Provo Craft and Chomas Creations)

Happy Crafting My Creative Friends!!!

10 comments:

TeresaK said...

Kathy... I like BOTH your projects! I especially love the swirls on the tree box! Really pretty!
Thanks
Teresa
DT sis

Doris P. said...

OOOHHH LOVE your projects today -I need to play with this cartridge!! love the bling on the tree!!! Doris, your cricut craft room design team sis...

Miranda said...

Great boxes! TFS
Miranda
MCCR DT Sister
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Sarah said...

Kathy I really like both of your projects. Christmas will be here before we know it. Hard to think about it already.

Jayne said...

Kathy I think both projects are awesome.
jayne x

scrapbookingforfun said...

Love the tree!!!
shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com
MCCR DT Sister

Desi Lee Designing Divas said...

I love your projects the tree is amazing!

MCCR DT, Lisa

ClaireR said...

Very pretty boxes. Love all the sparkles and bling.
TFS!
Claire, dt sista
My Cricut Craftroom
www.threewaterscreations.com

Lisa said...

I love both of your boxes, Kathy!! The cone box tree is fabulous!! I am going to have to make one of those for Christmas this year!! I just love it!! And the snowflake box is just amazing as well!!

Regarding your question on which Spellbinders I would recommend, that is tough because I love them all!! I started out with the label dies...#4 and #11 and just loved them. I still use them quite a bit. I really love the dies that have beautiful edges like the Fleur De Lis, Lacy Doily dies and Floral Ovals. If I were starting out again, I would choose some of the label dies first...you can use them for so many different things. And the shape dies are really great as well...I use the circle and square shapes quite a bit (it's easier than cutting them with my Cricut!!) I do a lot of my shopping at Joann online...they have a great selection and when they have them at 40 perfect off and free shipping...it's a bargain!!

I hope this helps!! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me...you can email me as well at indymermaid(at)gmail(dot)com :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful projects! I love the tree-so pretty!
sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com