Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Card Creating Tuesday - Sketch


Hello, my crafty friends!!
This month I decided to challenge myself!!
I get in a rut and seem to use the same
design for my cards.  So this month
I decided to sign up for the
sketch challenge each week!!

This first sketch was really a challenge!!


After seeing this sketch, the first thing I thought of was
bubbles.  But then, I was looking through the stuff I
recently got from out wonderful leader Erica,
and I came across these stickers, there are only a few left!!:


Once I saw these stickers,
I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
Here is a sneak peak:



 
For today's card, I used the following cartridges:
Card Base - Elegant Edges
Banner - CCR Party Picks & Pennants
Donuts - Love You a Latte
Slumber Party
Sweet Shop

Most of the paper is Coordinations
The background paper is Best Creations
I also used stickles for the sprinkles!!


For the donut in the right bottom corner, I wanted
it to look like a sugar donut.  So I ran it through my
Xyron face down, and then covered it with
fine glitter.


 
Can you see where I used the stickers??


The sentiment is perfect, don't you think...LOL
It is from My Pink Stamper
"Sweetest Cupcakes" stamp set.
I stamped it then embossed it
using Pink Zing Glitter Embossing Powder.


 
I added some crinkle ribbon from
My Craft Spot in Pink Bubblegum. 
I also embossed with the
Cuttlebug Spots and Dots Folder.

I hope you like my card as much
as I liked making it.
(it would be better if I could eat the donuts...LOL)

Please be sure to check out what the
rest of the design team made today over at

Don't forget to comment on My Cricut Craft Room,
everyday this month, Erica is giving away
Cuttlebug folders and even a Cuttlebug!

By the way, Erica is having a design team call.
So if any of you would like to be on this
wonderful design team, please apply HERE
Deadline to apply is June 23rd!!










5 comments:

scrapbookingforfun said...

Loved your use of the sketch!!!
MCCR DT Shelley

Dawn said...

Cute, Cute, Cute card! Love all those delicious, fattening, did I say delicious? Doughnuts!!!!! Great job... Hugs, Dawn

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Kathy!! What a fabulous take on the sketch!! I love the donuts (yum!!) and the embossing is perfect!! And Ha!! The sentiment is so hilarious and fun!! Great card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Such a cute card...Love the doughnuts...your doughnuts are much safer!
Lisa
MCCR DT
http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com

TeresaK said...

This is just really, really cute! Love the doughnuts and NOW I am hungry! Thank you! LOL!
Teresa
MCCR DT