Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to School Apple

I made this card today for a couple of challenges.  This cute little apple is from Doodlecharms and so is the apple border.  I welded a few of the border together with my gypsy to get it to go across the page.  I cut the top layer twice, once green and again in red.  Then I alternated the colors.  I cut the bottom layer in white and colored the leaf and stem with markers.  I used Peachy Keens Wide Eyed Kids face stamp for the big apple.  I live this set!!  I added some glossy accents to the eyes and mouth.  The big apple is on an Action Wobble.

The scalloped oval is from CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and the stamp is one of the additional coordinating stamp sets that you an purchase called Harvest Happiness.   I covered it with glossy accents, added some foam tape and twine from My Craft Spot.  I think I attached it too soon and it cracked a little :(

For the base of the card I used Kraft cardstock and embossed with with the Cuttlebug Numbers folder, and inked it with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

FCCB - #76 – Back to School
Peachy Keen - Let's Face it Friday - Back to School

9 comments:

angie ashuk said...

Great card!!! I love the apple. It is so cute. Great job!!

Sarah said...

Love the apple border! Great card. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Dawn said...

Love your apple card. Great job on the border too, love it!

Helen said...

Cute applei--love the face! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

My Lil' Bits said...

This is adorable, love the face! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!
Lisa

Jennie Garcia said...

Cute project!! Love the embossing and the border!!
Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

nice idea, I like the added gloss to the face

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Kathy!

Your card is so cute!

Thanks of playing along with us at the PKS LFIF challenge!

Ruthie :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Cute card and love the glossy accents on the PK eyes. Great job! Thanks for joining the FCCB challenge this week ABC's and 123's. You did a great job on the challenge.