Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall Colors - Thinking of You

I made a couple of really quick card tonight for a few challenges.  I was surprised I got both of them done in about two hours.  Here is the first one.  I aploigize for the poor photos.  You all know how hard it is to photograph sparlkey or glittery paper!!

I used the new DCWV Harvest Gathering Stack for everything but the card base.  The card base is made with paper from Coordinations Chocolate Box Collection.  I embossed with a leaf folder, not sure of the manufacturer.  I sanded the paper so that the color would show through a little bit.  The base was cut from Art Philosophy.  All other cuts are from Gypsy Wanderings.  I added a little bling and some hand dyed crinkle ribbon in Maple Leaf from My Craft Spot.  I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Craft Spot - Challenge #24 - Friends are the best!
Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge  -  #30 Gypsy Wanderings
Love to Crop - FALL COLORS

Hugs and Kisses,
Kathy

10 comments:

Doris P. said...

Love the card. What a cute owl! I loove embossing!! Thanks for joining us for the Love to Crop FALL challenge!! new follower - can't wait to see more.. BTW.. your "puppy kids" are adorable. DID you see the new dogie stamps faces at peachy keen stamps - this is perfect for you!! LOL Doris
parkernana5@cox.net
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com
Guest Designer -Love To Crop FALL colors

Doris P. said...

ps... your follower is not "following" -let me know when it's okay - so I can "follow" :)
Doris
parkernana5@cox.net

Joy said...

Cute ! Love the crinkle ribbon !Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Peggy Sue said...

what a beautiful card! I love the colors and the embossing is great! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Love to Crop!
Peggy Sue- Love to Crop guest designer
http://ICrea8Cards.blogspot.com

jennyplace2 said...

Your card turned out so sweet, don't you just hate when the lighting is not in are favor? Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

Kate said...

What a sweet card! The word art for the sentiment looks fantastic with the adorable little owl!
(I have NO luck trying to photograph glitter or transparency!!)
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Amy C said...

Cute card!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Samantha said...

Your card is really beautiful!

-Samantha
Guest Designer LTC fall challenge
samanthascricutcreations.blogspot.com

JenL said...

Kathy I love your card, it's so pretty!! I have to admit I also love your blog name and pics of the sleeping dogs.

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous and that owl is fabulous. You did a wonderful job with the colors.
Thanks for joining us at LTC.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here